da...hell?

kevin007

Hmmm...cories
Reaction score
are cold water? it can live with goldfish? wth? and it can not be kept with tropical with the temperature of 80? is it true?

Yes they are temperate fish and will tolerate very cold water as I keep them in an above ground level pond.

And mine are very happy and active @28Celsius. so that is 82fahrenheit.

psgill00 said:
Yes they are temperate fish and will tolerate very cold water as I keep them in an above ground level pond.

And mine are very happy and active @28Celsius. so that is 82fahrenheit.
so i can keep them in 80?

yes you can keep them at 80*F.

they will be fine.

OHHH Make sure you select large Minnnows don't let the LFS give you babies, as they are not as hardy. get larger adults if you can.

If you are in the US or Canada (or most other nations for that matter) you can buy white clouds as feeders and they are about 10 cents apiece you can keep them in tropical aquariums or cold water but they should not be kept with goldfish or koi because goldies should be kept by themselves. They not only tolerate cold temps but they come from them they are MOUNTAIN minnows so dont be feerful of letting the temps in there tank dip a bit.

Opcn

you could keep your goldfish in your toilet and they'd be fine

they are super-hardy and can tolerate almost any temperature

although, if for whatever reason the temperature gets below 64 F (I think)
they stop eating, it's like some sort of winter hybernation or something

I had my goldfish in with my cory's for a while at 80 degrees in my 10 gal , they were fine. Then I got a 33 gal, moved the corys to that along with the heater, and the temp in goldfish tank is now about 67 F (basement temperature)
they're fine, really healthy and show no signs of stress or sickness.

Most reactions

Back