D-I-Y Equipment

BackToTheFishes

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Shelagh has convinced me to start this.lol More to follow,internal filter soon
This is for a gravel cleaner.
Simple really,cut the bottom off a plastic pop bottle,can be any size depending on the tank size,I used a 2 litre when I had my oscars,then cut/drill a hole in the cap and silicone some hose to it.Et voila,one cheap gravel cleaner :)

How about an old toothbrush, taped to some electrical twin and earth cable which is what I use to clean the tubing on my external filter :)

the edges will be a bit sharp wont they?

walkers.. wake up!.. even i saw a cure to that :lol: im gonna have to think again about coming to live with you.. honestly
rolleyes.gif
( no need to look so pleased either! lol)
i was gonna make one this afternoon, made my son drink pop so i could have the bottle and forgot the silicone
rolleyes.gif
am working tomorow so will be wednesday
this man is going to save me a lot of money :)

I actually saw something like that in mexico. It was a reef tank probably over 20 feet long. Complete with scuba diver and giant DIY gravel vac.
P1120904.jpg

I think you have correctly guessed the combination Shelaugh.
Every gravel vac needs the right ratio between the large tube and the siphon tube. If the large tube is too large, you don't effectively clean the substrate. If it is too small, you end up with substrate in the water change bucket.

I've seen lots of questions about defusing homemade CO2 setups on here,and I came up with a simple idea.
I've fitted the output from the bottle to the venturi input on my powerhead,tiny bubbles that don't seem to be bursting.I'll keep updating on wether it keeps working

Most reactions

Back