D+D Reef Putty

dayzofspeed

Fish Herder
Reaction score
when using d+d reef putty should i switch my powerheads off and leave one agitating the surface to avoid oxygen depletion or just leave em all running....cheers kevin

When i used it i just left everything running mate.. just try and keep flow off whatever you are sticking down incase it falls over before setting (takes upto 24 hours)

Hope this helps.

cheers chris, am having problems with the hammer, it kept coming out of the hole so decided to putty it in, while you're on what flow do the hammer and gorg need again???

cheers chris, am having problems with the hammer, it kept coming out of the hole so decided to putty it in, while you're on what flow do the hammer and gorg need again???

The hammer was happiest is medium flow so it was moving but not pulling to one side if that makes sense.. and the gorg fairly decent flow riding the waves :) you will know if its to much because it will close up and look like a stick :lol:

The hammer was happiest is medium flow so it was moving but not pulling to one side if that makes sense.. and the gorg fairly decent flow riding the waves :) you will know if its to much because it will close up and look like a stick :lol:
yeah that makes sense chris but the gorg looks like a tree in a gale at the moment :lol: maybe if i get time i will video them and find out if i have them positioned right

yeah that makes sense chris but the gorg looks like a tree in a gale at the moment :lol: maybe if i get time i will video them and find out if i have them positioned right

The gorg loved the high flow in my tank .. when i say high all the polys etc.. were flowing out but the main body wasn't bending.

77d9eb84.jpg

The gorg loved the high flow in my tank .. when i say high all the polys etc.. were flowing out but the main body wasn't bending.

77d9eb84.jpg
i have it so all the polyps are getting pushed to one side but the branches are moving a bit too

I stuck down my hammer the other day and touched without any reaction and I have fairly sensitive skin. Gorg gets blown about quite a bit by the MP40 flow is softer and of course works in pulses so doesn't permanently push it in one direction, but it's growing like crazy.

If you get stung by anything you'll find that only the delicate areas of your skin (forearms) will show you've been tagged. I've held galaxia and hammer corals with no trouble.

I've had a nem wrap its tentacles in the shop (I asked if it stung :lol:) with no effects :)

Most reactions

Back