Cyprichromis Leptosoma Fry Are Here

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

baker360360

Fishaholic
Reaction score
My first Cyprichromis leptosoma fry have arrived, they look awesome, atleast 25 of them. 2 look deformed so probably won't make it. Will go and get some live baby brine for them tomorrow I think. Will they eat crushed flake for now?

Can I sell them for much? I pay around £14 each for juveniles

Can't offer much help on feeding them, I've not got a huge amount of experience with the African cichlids.

As for selling them, it depends a whole lot on who wants them and how far away they are, plus if you're willing to deliver. Generally they'll need to be about an inch before they're sellable. If they're good stock you may well get up to £5-6 for them, but the risk is that you'll flood the local market for everyone that wants one and the price drops. Essentially they're worth whatever you can get for them, sometimes people breed fish and end up giving the fry away as they struggle with space in grow out tanks.

Don't forget the classifieds on here of course.

I am feeding my Paracyprichromis Nigripinnis frozen cyclops they are doing really well on it.

Here they are
star4 said:
I am feeding my Paracyprichromis Nigripinnis frozen cyclops they are doing really well on it.
I was thinking about getting some,

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 56
I'd love to have some of those guys, but, I'm just not set up for proper cichlids at all. Argh...I need more tanks!

They look really nice even as youngsters...I've never had fry before... aww

They are the biggest fry I've ever seen ( only seen gold fish and guppie fry ) at least4x the size of guppie fry

I know I was shocked when my female spat out 3 babies, they are HUGE. Did you strip the female or let her carry them?

Most reactions

Back