Cycle In A Bucket Log

Day 2, just updated stats for ammonia, down to 2ppm in less than 24 hours
:good:
Jelous??? Me??? YES! :lol:

lol don't be,

I have a good chunk of mature media in there, maybe see if there are any other members in sunny Devon that can donate some to you?
ive asked in loads of places...nothing :(

That sucks, I got mine from a couple of people on here. Maybe start a thread asking for some?

Maybe you need to be willing to travel a little further. Overload made a 30 min train ride to get his media from me, (thats dedication).

The bucket cycle looks like it is going well. :good:

Tom

Lol more like an hour! it was 30 mins from Liverpool street to you

Yea I am pleased with the bucket cycle, should give me a good head start when the Rio 400 arrives. I am hoping to get double zeros in 24 hours before it arrives, Nitrite seems to have slowed down in the last couple of days

lol don't be,

I have a good chunk of mature media in there, maybe see if there are any other members in sunny Devon that can donate some to you?

That sucks, I got mine from a couple of people on here. Maybe start a thread asking for some?

Maybe you need to be willing to travel a little further. Overload made a 30 min train ride to get his media from me, (thats dedication).

Tom

if you can post fish..wht cant you post media? :look:

lol don't be,

Tom

You can post media, but its expensive

lol don't be,

Tom

story of my life ! :sad:

lol don't be,

Tom

story of my life ! :sad:

How close are you to South Molton? I might be able to do something next time I visit family

Update for the day - No change might have to do a full set of tests see what is going on if no movement tomorrow

You can post Media, unfortunately once it is posted you have no control over the length of time it takes from the donor to your door. Also it is tricky to calculate postage times using standard parcel service, unless it is courierd & then becomes expensive.

If you collect it then it is down to you to get it stuffed in your filter asap.

Tom

Good movement on the Nitrite, so upped the dosage to 3ppm.

PH is rising slowly which I find odd. Any idea why?

Good movement on the Nitrite, so upped the dosage to 3ppm.

PH is rising slowly which I find odd. Any idea why?

Any water changes recently? Added ornaments, or stones?

Tom

Nope, last water change was a week ago, otherwise just water. Might be some debris from the bogwood that was soaking in there before it took up cycling duties

If you have a delay in getting the full setup and the bucket cycling seems to reach qualification then you can just "vamp" and keep it going with daily doses. The colonies themselves, though small, will continue to mature, building better biofilms and more productive colony structure and when you finally switch to the large tank with correspondingly larger dosing amounts the bacteria will respond very rapidly.

~~waterdrop~~

If you have a delay in getting the full setup and the bucket cycling seems to reach qualification then you can just "vamp" and keep it going with daily doses. The colonies themselves, though small, will continue to mature, building better biofilms and more productive colony structure and when you finally switch to the large tank with correspondingly larger dosing amounts the bacteria will respond very rapidly.

~~waterdrop~~

Pretty much my plan Waterdrop. Though was thinking about Miles idea of more frequent dosing. Still looks like it wont get to that stage anyway.

The new tank is due Saturday evening so will probably switch everything over on the Sunday

~~waterdrop~~

Pretty much my plan Waterdrop. Though was thinking about Miles idea of more frequent dosing. Still looks like it wont get to that stage anyway.

The new tank is due Saturday evening so will probably switch everything over on the Sunday

Exciting times.

AT

Woo hoo!!! First double zeros!

Upped ammonia dose again, if this clears tomorrow might try 12 hour testing on saturday

Most reactions

Back