Cycle Fish Zebra Danos Problem

DiscusRoger

Reaction score
This is my first post on this forum. I have a 100 gallon L and I was cycling the water for about 3 weeks with Zebra Danos. There is 9 all together. My tank now has plants and driftwoods and is looking really great. My problem is I can't get the little things out of the tank with out destroying my tank. What should I do?

One thought was to buy a preditory fish to eat them. My wife said that was cruel. LOL

Danios are pretty harmless, I'd think worst case scenario they get eaten by their new tankmates. You can try lowering the water level and using a large net - hang the big net in the water and try to herd them into it with the little one.

Failing that, I suppose I'd just leave them in and let the tank take care of matters in due course.

If the question is about netting the zebras, I've read repeatedly here on TFF that the most effective way is to lower the water level as much as possible without messing up your aquascape, then use one very, very large net held stationary at one end and use a much smaller net to chase the fish into the big net.

The danios will have some permanent gill damage from being used to cycle, but hopefully will recover enough to lead ok, if uncomfortable lives...

~~waterdrop~~

Most reactions

Back