Cutting Bogwood

I passed my first aid in the living room, its simple, suck the bugger :lol:

lmao 5teady,, i think u may want to re-phrase that

well i have done jus over an inch and i have another 6-7 inchs left
its such a stupid shape lol ----- natures a biatch hey!!!! :lol:

yeah its jus a little scratch just above the knuckle,its on my left hand anyway so its not important lol

i might just take it downstairs and carry on so i dont wake my houemate,he has a lady around so the last thing he will wanna hear is me sawing and i dont wanna hear any noises he will make either lol

by the time i make any progress my gf will be home from and will prob be wondering why i'm still up at 3/4 in the morning fighting with a piece of wood
ok people,you will not hear from me again until tomorrow,as i have some hardcore woodcutting to do
either way either the wood or me will end up sawn in half,sadly i cant promise it wont be me lol

updates on my wood mission 2moz

Scorpian saw??????

We have one and use it for every thing, it cuts down trees so should do your wood.

Be careful where the centre of balance on the wood is. One of mine is top heavy and the only way that I can get it to sit in my tank where I want it (instead of falling over and ruining my aquascape) is to rest the top of it against the tank bracing bar. In that case, the extra few inches of length on it are a blessing.

progress update

i went t it like mad after my last post...so far i have done pretty much nothing lol
i'm using a basic wood saw but i am gonna call my sister in a bit and see if her bf has anything i can borrow

...you may have guessed that whenever any diy style jobs come up i tend to stand there and look pretty lol

i am gonna post a photo of this behemoth,its evil lol

have decided to call it a night now as my housemate is in bed and i have cut a finger,not to bad but a bit bloody...i personaly hold beccimac1987 responsable lol

i can see what my girlfriends parents have other than that i suppose every man needs a power saw so i could buy one.
well i have done jus over an inch and i have another 6-7 inchs left
its such a stupid shape lol

So Im translating that to 'you've managed a centimetre, and have got just a few left to go'. Men always have had a problem with measurements. :good:

Try using a sharp saw, with the teeth (jagged bits) touching the wood, hope this helps as it sounds like your gettin no where fast

Good Luck

ohh make sure you wash your cut good, as its bog wood its full of crap still even though its looks clean.
Mezzic

wood.jpg

Just try to get a sawzall from someone. You should be through that thing in seconds with it, and its relatively safe for someone that doesnt work with power tools often.

Most reactions

Back