Current Bioload

kyleb2003

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Never been great at actually calculating my bioload/stocking to know when I have too much fish or if I have room for more. Could someone please help me work it out so I can adjust my stock accordingly. As below:

Tank - 240l, 4ft long.

Stock:
12 x neons
10 x glowlight danio
1 x male apisto. cacatuoides
5 x bumblebee goby
8 x khuli loach
5 x armano shrimp
1 x clown pleco

If you went by the inch per gallon rule you would be pushing it.
Never been great at actually calculating my bioload/stocking to know when I have too much fish or if I have room for more. Could someone please help me work it out so I can adjust my stock accordingly. As below:

Tank - 240l, 4ft long.

Stock:
12 x neons
10 x glowlight danio
5 x bumblebee goby
8 x khuli loach
5 x armano shrimp
1 x clown pleco

If you went by the inch per gallon rule you would be pushing it.

Tank - 240l, 4ft long.

Stock:
12 x neons
10 x glowlight danio
5 x bumblebee goby
8 x khuli loach
5 x armano shrimp
1 x clown pleco

Not alot of intermediate- up fish keepers use this method as it is very. how should i put it? Wrong! You wouldn't put a 10" oscar in a ten gallon would you? :huh: i wouldn't

It should always be made clear to newbies that the inch per gallon rule applies only to the standard, slim bodied tropical fish. It cannot be used for any fish that grows to over three inches, adult size.

Bearing that in mind, it is a useful rule of thumb, and won't let new fishkeepers overstock.

OP, your stocking looks good; you've got a bit of room to up your shoals if you want, but not to add any more species.

Most reactions

Back