Cuc

cooper1973

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
what cuc would you guys sugest i should buy for my 96ltr tank when i should start adding them

hello mate

I have a 94 litre tank and have three red legged hermit and a couple of other small hermits

I also added about 4 large snails and I have a number of dove snails which I didn;t add intentionally.

I;d add them about two weeks after tank set up as long as your water params are ok

hello mate

I have a 94 litre tank and have three red legged hermit and a couple of other small hermits

I also added about 4 large snails and I have a number of dove snails which I didn;t add intentionally.

I;d add them about two weeks after tank set up as long as your water params are ok

hi simonas

what are the large snails u have are they turbo snails? in my tank im breaking down i have a cleaner shrimp he will be a start along with my hermit crab hes a blue leg and always scaverging around. i will see if i can get some snails

How long have you had your tank? has it finished cycling yet? what are your water levels like, if its still cycling use the time to research, i must admit im new to the salty side, and too have been asking regarding cuc, i have gone with a variety of things so as to add variety to my cuc, although i am still adding, snails are a good start and generaly fairly cheap too, i have 5 cerith snails, they are meant to be good for a variety of algae and apparently help sift sand too by burying themselves, although i havent seen this yet, i also have 3 red egged hermits for cleaning up left over food waste. i have also bought a sand sifting starfish (which may not fit in your tank) for the sand clearance although i beleive goby's are the workhorse in this department, others will probably give you a better idea but my theory was to add a variety of critters so most of my jobs are covered.

Hope this helps :good:

How long have you had your tank? has it finished cycling yet? what are your water levels like, if its still cycling use the time to research, i must admit im new to the salty side, and too have been asking regarding cuc, i have gone with a variety of things so as to add variety to my cuc, although i am still adding, snails are a good start and generaly fairly cheap too, i have 5 cerith snails, they are meant to be good for a variety of algae and apparently help sift sand too by burying themselves, although i havent seen this yet, i also have 3 red egged hermits for cleaning up left over food waste. i have also bought a sand sifting starfish (which may not fit in your tank) for the sand clearance although i beleive goby's are the workhorse in this department, others will probably give you a better idea but my theory was to add a variety of critters so most of my jobs are covered.

Hope this helps :good:

tank has just been running for just over a week now put live rock out of the tank im breaking down and readings are nitrite 0, nitrate 0>0.1 amonia 0 as i expect, ph 8.3

I have a turbo snail in there but the bigger snails I;m not sure of name. they are about an inch wide and have spikes all round the shell. They seem very effective though

A bit early yet id say, id monitor for a while, wait for the cycle to complete, your ammonia will spike and drop back to zero again and as simonas said perhaps two weeks after your tank has cycled, i am looking at turbos as a cuc atm, but i heard they got quite large? so im going to stick to a couple i think.

Most reactions

Back