Critters For This Cage?

I'm on the side of the 'inadequate for everything' folks. Anything plastic shouldn't be used for rodents to begin with, as they chew through just about anything. And those cages are def. way too small; even for a little tiny thing like a lone mouse or dwarf hammie, the bare minimum (and I do mean MINIMUM, with plenty of out-of-cage exersize time) is 10g, or a comparably sized cage. Gerbils, larger hamsters, groups of mice, etc. all need much bigger tanks/cages.
One thing you COULD use it for is a travel cage, or a disaster kit cage. You know, something to keep handy if you suddenly need to leave home for a few days. I have little Kritter Keepers in all of my small mammal disaster kits; I'd never dream of keeping a mouse there long term, but if a natural disaster or house fire occured, it is at least something they could stay in if the situation required they leave home.

Maybe a tarantula? I personally not a fan of spiders, nor do I know anything about their space requirements, it's just a thought.

Most reactions

Back