Critter? (Solved!)

ross-geller-david-schwimmer.gif

People just know now that whenever me and @Crispii are in a thread together there will be a lot of GIFs...

Found a deceased adult TB today in the garage, caught up in a floor-level spider web...the innards may have been sucked out, but the exoskeleton remains...hard to get a good pic of just how beautiful the coloration on these beetles can be...but the color pattern may help determine the exact specimen I am dealing with, using the links provided by @Oblio earlier...thanks again

I'm assuming this is an adult from one of the larvae in my yard, the close proximity is more than coincidence, IMO...and, I've seen these adults often, just did not know what they were, or had a chance to catch/vid/photo them, they are so random, and so fast

That's so cool! :D
Seems likely that it's the same species, or at least one of them, if there are more than one species in the same area!
Please let us know if you figure out which species - might have a look myself, but I remember when I looked at the link before that it gave really clear photos and details to ID them. Cheers for the sample, spider!

Got any idea what spider species you tend to have around there? I have an innate phobia with spiders, but also hate that I'm afraid of them and actively work to decrease my panic by learning more about them and even making myself handle them. But then, we don't really have any dangerous spiders here! I'd feel differently if we had anything like a brown recluse...

Well, I missed all of the festivities here since yesterday, lol...the thread meandered, but all in good fun

@AdoraBelle Dearheart , we have so many different kinds of spiders here (in the summertime) that I wouldn't know where to start, trying to name them all...most are harmless, if you give them their space...and they are ALL beneficial to the food chain, and ecosystem....as long as they aren't inside my house, lol.....then, they get caught, and returned to the ecosystem

Well, I missed all of the festivities here since yesterday, lol...the thread meandered, but all in good fun

@AdoraBelle Dearheart , we have so many different kinds of spiders here (in the summertime) that I wouldn't know where to start, trying to name them all...most are harmless, if you give them their space...and they are ALL beneficial to the food chain, and ecosystem....as long as they aren't inside my house, lol.....then, they get caught, and returned to the ecosystem
I do the same re: relo arachnids, wife and kids think I'm nuts.

Most reactions

Back