Crab?

fishryummy

Reaction score
hi, i have a 20gal with fancy guppiesx3, black neon tetrasx4, glass catfishx1, ghost shrimpx4, hornwortx2 and 2 teeny, tiny guppy fry. do you think one of those little crabs you see at the LFS would eat my shrimp? i don't mind re-placeing the shrimp, (i think they're 20 cent each) but it could get to be a hassle. do any of you have this combo? i just think the crabs are so cute! also, i know they need space out of the water if you plan to breed them, do they need that if you don't want baby crabs?

I'm not sure about that but I wouldn't mix them with fish.

If you're referring to Fiddler crabs, they're a brackish species not freshwater.

is there a small size fresh crab? and i know the guppies and shrimp don't mind brackish water, i just treated ich with salt, but the others are new to the tank. could they take it? thanks for your answers!

Thai micro crabs will be suitable, but they may be eaten due to their size, and they're not cheap or readily available.

i did a search for "crab" in new fresh water tank" some one else was just talking about thai mirco crabs, i was just about to google them!

As far as I know, no freshwater crab is fully aquatic so you will need to provide access to the surface if you get some.

i don't have anything big enough to eat a full grown thai micro crab so except for the cost they sound great! i'll keep my eyes open, never when you'll find a deal! thanks for the help guys!

Most reactions

Back