Could This Be Tb?

Sigh - I've got three tanks up and running, and I can only assume I'm going to have to treat them all, even though it's only my biggest tank that seems to show the problems.

That depends. Have you taken anything from the main tank and used it in either of the other 2? If yes, then yes, you're going to have to treat all 3 tanks. If not, you might be lucky - the other tanks may not be affected.

As for the filter - again, if the other tanks have been kept independent from the biggest one, yes you can use mature media from one of the other tanks to kick-start a filter in the big one. Otherwise, ditch the media and start from scratch. Tbh, the best thing you can do is strip the tank back, ditch everything you can, bleach the heck out of anything you can't, rinse thoroughly, and start again. Scary prospect I know - I've done it - but it's about the only blinkin' way to get rid of TB once and for all (if that is what it is).

Sigh - I've got three tanks up and running, and I can only assume I'm going to have to treat them all, even though it's only my biggest tank that seems to show the problems.

That depends. Have you taken anything from the main tank and used it in either of the other 2? If yes, then yes, you're going to have to treat all 3 tanks. If not, you might be lucky - the other tanks may not be affected.

As for the filter - again, if the other tanks have been kept independent from the biggest one, yes you can use mature media from one of the other tanks to kick-start a filter in the big one. Otherwise, ditch the media and start from scratch. Tbh, the best thing you can do is strip the tank back, ditch everything you can, bleach the heck out of anything you can't, rinse thoroughly, and start again. Scary prospect I know - I've done it - but it's about the only blinkin' way to get rid of TB once and for all (if that is what it is).

Thanks - but what a bummer! I've used my smaller tanks for isolating pregnant fish, so they are all infected. I guess i would need to toss all the plants, too. I'm going away this weekend - will have to give all this some thought.

I know the feeling :grr: Made the same mistake with all my tanks. Stripped back the Q tank to hopefully stop the infection spreading to the new tetras (one of my established fish definately did have TB), got a UV in the main tank . . . gotta take down the Ram's tank at some point :rolleyes:

Most reactions

Back