could someone post pictures

lol whiskerz..I think yours is a crownie..not combtail :D.

Combtails are crowns that the rays did not fully extend into spikes..but make a comby-like texture along the edges.

Your's has nice rays. :thumbs:

I'm not trying to defer you from making your guide..but when using other people's pictures for your own personal use (other then posting on forums..because the link goes back to the owner's site) you are really suposed to get permission..not just give credit. They should be given the option for their photos usage. Reason I say this is..should you use a picture and it offend whoever's it is..they can take legal action against you. :unsure:

Ok, got a picture of my blanch. She's a crowntail (disregard where someone clipped her tail to make her look like a DT... poor girlie). I guess a comb would like this only less... not sure...

Attachments

• Blanch.jpg
    Blanch.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 32
My girlie's are monster mover-arounders :lol: they don't ever be still..so pictures are hard to grab and nab.

Here is the best picture of one of my crownie females (who btw came from Wuv).

sao007.jpg

SRC said:
lol whiskerz..I think yours is a crownie..not combtail :D.

Combtails are crowns that the rays did not fully extend into spikes..but make a comby-like texture along the edges.
lol you sure? I've been told he was a combie :blink:

bah..oh well :p

nashnut- adorable girls.

Can anyone identify my girl? This was when she was a baby though, she is so different now...

Attachments

• post_5_1102213371.jpg
    post_5_1102213371.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 26
SRC, actually... doesn't a combtails rays just extend beyond the fin edge? I thought thats what a Combie was? looks Combie to me, and super handsome :p

One thing I have noticed with my CT's and the one comb tail that is no longer with me and I have no pictures of is that when a CT flares his tail comes more straight out, with little sagging (unless they just have a huge tail like the late Darken Rahl pictured below), kind of like a delta or half moon. When the comb flared his tail sagged more like a veil tail.

Male Crowntail's
Raistlin
DSC00306.jpg

:rip: Darken Rahl
DSC00188.jpg

Male Plakat (a little blurry, sorry.)
Galdar
DSC00318.jpg

Whiskerz, I think your betta is combtail like you thought :)
He looks like a crowny/veiltail mix, which produces combtails. No matter how long the rays are, it's not a true crowny unless its tail has horizontal symmetry, and the tail on your betta curves downward

It is my understanding that a comb tail does not have "rays" that extend at all. They only have a spikey like appearance at the very edges of the fins..meaning they are not smooth...giving them the look of the edge of a comb.

Here is a rendering trying to make example of what I mean.

Attachments

• finnage.jpg
    finnage.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 29
Synirr said:
No matter how long the rays are, it's not a true crowny unless its tail has horizontal symmetry
Yes, I just quoted myself. I'm a total dork :)

Saucy said:
I've got my pic of a female DT for you:
IMG_1284.jpg

And I'll go take a picture of my female crowntail... sometimes it's really hard to tell the difference in females. I honestly don't know if you could really find a comb female... but yeah, I'll go do that picture for you now.
that gurl looks just JUST like mine... hmm weird eh? :blink:

Most reactions

Back