Could Someone Id This?

lavapeanut

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
This fish was inside my father fish tank like 3 years until last year december.

fish_name.JPG

May someone tell me this fish English name? Thanks

These sharks are very common here in India, and its unfortunate to see them in tanks as small as 10 gallons!! :(

They're great fish though, and are very very very very very hardy. Infact, its the most hardy fish I've ever come across. Can't stress enough on how hardy they are :p

hardy?????????

uhh... they're scaleless, and can get ick very easily... they're definitely not a hardy fish, but they are really cool.

hardy?????????

uhh... they're scaleless, and can get ick very easily... they're definitely not a hardy fish, but they are really cool.

Maybe they do get ich very easily, but I have seen these fish survive in small crappy tanks, with water so dirty, you can hardly see the fish :crazy:

I guess it depends on the quality of the fish.. I've had lots of these over time... some died for no apparent reason, so I guess that's why I would say they may not be that hardy... but I have had others survive tank cycling... They don't grow extremely fast if you don't continually change their water... I have had some in a 55g tank for about a year and they've grown maybe 3''.. I do water changes every 2-3 weeks.

Are you sure?,
I think it is wrong for local fish shops to sell you theese fish,
Let alone stock them

it is an albino pangusuis cat, which doesnt grow too large, as they get ,ixed up with dolphin sharks too much

scott
nah ive seen a couple 3(ish) foot guys in a tank. they were posted by someone on this forum whos from germany. i forgot the name

I've never seen one larger then 2 feet in a fish store or someones aquarium.. but I'm sure you can get them to grow to 3 feet if you have a big enough tank... mine have grown maybe 3'' in the year I've had them.. thats 1/3 that I have.. the other 2 have grown maybe an inch or inch and a half... feeding and water quality will determine how fast they grow.

Most reactions

Back