Could Some One Id This Plec?

mmanist

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Im not sure what kind he is? I named it Herman "Hermy" for short! :blush: I couldnt pass him up, He's only about 1"1/2 now, he's in my guppy tank for the moment. He was sold as a Rubberlip Pleco for $2.99 on sale. But I think the pet store is wrong...... As normal....

P9151080.jpg

P9151097.jpg

Do females get bristles? Or is it just males? I would like to get a 40G just for them and breed them, but Im running out of room in my house. Resealing a 55g now, but thats for my turtles. Not to much longer and the cichlids will be upgraded to a 100+ corner tank

only males realy get the nice big bristle female often get very short or no bristles

your bn could be a male... they only start to grow thier bristles at about 2 inches..

Defo a BN pleco.

As for sexing it can take upto 18 monts for some to mature but can sex from a year old.
On average their 2-3" when they develop bristles on the males, but females usually have short bristles too but only 2-5mm.

Yup looks like my little BN girl. I bought her as a common pleco but I knew better then the store did it was petco that sold her as a common pleco $2 was all I paid. These guys are the best plecos around IMO .

Yup looks like my little BN girl. I bought her as a common pleco but I knew better then the store did it was petco that sold her as a common pleco $2 was all I paid. These guys are the best plecos around IMO .

I got mine from pet supplies plus, I knew it wasnt a Rubberlip, but i didnt want to correct them and pay more, I was thinking it was a BN, but posted here just to be sure, Im going back tonight to see if there is anymore left :shifty:, I would like to start breeding them but i have to find room for another tank,

naaaah its all about the blue plecos like the blue phantom and blue finned panaque :D

bns r cool tho .. easy 2 breed..

it realy depends on what bn you have... it looks the same as mine females can get little bristles but itsmore often that they dont

Most reactions

Back