Could I Grow Glossostigma Elatinoides?

Karl1987

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Im looking for a small foreground plant for my tank and was wondering if I had enough light to grow a carpet of Glossostigma elatinoides. Tank is 48" x 15" x 18" around about 200 litres with 90 watts of light with reflectors 2x arcadia freshwater and 1 origional. I have D&D co2 kit giving me about 25ppm and have just started dosing with pre mixed dry ferts that I bought of ebay. As for substrate its just plain gravel.

hey

you have got 2 wpg so it maybe ok it most probably will grow upwards atfirst but if you keep pushing it back into the substrate it will eventually spread out the co2 and ferts will help a great deal.

Ark

yes, as long as you have high light, CO2 and good fertilisation, then there should be no probs. Nutrient substrate would be nice but...

Try planting a few stems together, then the next few stems 2cm apart etc. for best coverage, you could plant it in clumps but you will be rewarded for your patience! Some tweesers will help also.

Glosso should be OK in medium light too, but really does need good CO2 and also good filtration/flow to make sure the CO2 and nutrients are getting down to it.

If you're after some, AquaEssentials are selling Glosso at 40% off list price! That's £2.39!! I bought 2 pots. Excellent quality tropica plants. It's a "While stocks last" thing though...

Thanks for all your help Il give it a go and see what happens.

Most reactions

Back