Could I Add Apistos In Tank With Bolivians?

kris6458

Reaction score
The LFS I been going to is finally getting some Apistos and I was wondering if my tank could handle them. Right now only have 4 bolivians and a BN pleco. The tank is a Live planted 29gallon. Wanted to add 12 Cardinals, 4 corys, 1-3 kuli loaches also. Could I add or replace one of the listed fish with Apistos without over crowding or causing territory problems?

Whats the footprint of the tank? I assume its 30x12 inches? If so I think the tank would be too small to have Apistos as well as 4 Rams. The Cardinals would be fine. As for the corys and kuhlis you would be best to choose one species as both both of these fishes prefer to be in groups of 6+. So it would be best to add 6 corys or 6 kuhlis, though be prepared to hardly ever see the kuhlis.

The tank is 12" (wide) x 18" (tall) x 30" (long). Theres Live plants, rock cave, driftwood in the tank for territory/hiding places.

The LFS I been going to is finally getting some Apistos and I was wondering if my tank could handle them. Right now only have 4 bolivians and a BN pleco. The tank is a Live planted 29gallon. Wanted to add 12 Cardinals, 4 corys, 1-3 kuli loaches also. Could I add or replace one of the listed fish with Apistos without over crowding or causing territory problems?

IMO a tank of that size wud probobly become overcrowded and if the apistos and rams pair up potentially a warzone. I do not keep smaller cichlids such as these but from reading and experiance a tank housing more then one pair of cichlids is not a good idea (unless it is very very large).

Most reactions

Back