Corys In Tank

guidedbyechoes

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I have an issue with the filter for my 30 so I have moved my corys to my 25. Is it ok to just leave them in there? Or do I need to resetup the 30 once more?

What fish do you have in the 25 gallon tank and how many corys are you talking about?

That should be fine in a 25 gallon tank. Definitely not overstocked.

Yeah I thought it was close to stocked I could sneak in a few snails I guess. I wanted some shrimp but I think that will take it too far.

The tank really isn't all that stocked when you consider the waste outputs and the fsh, sure the guppies breed like mad, but you can still get more fish in there. Especially ones that'll eat the baby guppies such as Serpea tetras and Angelfish.

I wouldn't put an angel fish in a 30 gallon tank unless you have plans somewhere down the road to upgrade. Their fins can get to 12 to 18 inches from top to bottom so they eventually need a deep tank. They don't grow extremely fast though so you could be ok with one for a while. As it gets older though, it may try to eat the guppies as they will eat pretty much any fish that will fit in their mouth.

As for shrimp, they really don't add much to the bio-load. You should be fine to add a few if you so desire. Ghost shrimp are relatiely cheap (35 cents each at the store I was in yesterday) and amano shrimp are pretty good algae eaters but more expensive (last ones I saw were about $4 each) and harder to find. I'm not certain where you are located so the prices around here may be way different from what you would see.

I wouldn't put an angel fish in a 30 gallon tank unless you have plans somewhere down the road to upgrade. Their fins can get to 12 to 18 inches from top to bottom so they eventually need a deep tank. They don't grow extremely fast though so you could be ok with one for a while. As it gets older though, it may try to eat the guppies as they will eat pretty much any fish that will fit in their mouth.

As for shrimp, they really don't add much to the bio-load. You should be fine to add a few if you so desire. Ghost shrimp are relatiely cheap (35 cents each at the store I was in yesterday) and amano shrimp are pretty good algae eaters but more expensive (last ones I saw were about $4 each) and harder to find. I'm not certain where you are located so the prices around here may be way different from what you would see.

I live in Big Bend, WI, USA

You should be able to find some amano shrimp there, certainly some ghost shrimp. I don't think adding 3 to 5 will have any negative effect on your bio-load.

You should be able to find some amano shrimp there, certainly some ghost shrimp. I don't think adding 3 to 5 will have any negative effect on your bio-load.

I had some bamboo shrimp but the betta over stressed them and they didn't live.

Bettas all are different. Some do fine with shrimp (or any other tankmates for that matter) while others don't. Shrimp should be fine with the corys, guppies and gouramis though.

Hi guidedbyechoes :)

Pandas are a little more delicate than most other readily available corys. Just watch that the gouramis don't cause them stress.

If you decide to set up your other tank again, consider increasing your school of pandas. They are absolutely delightful when kept in a single species tank. :D

Anotherview.jpg

Hi guidedbyechoes :)

Pandas are a little more delicate than most other readily available corys. Just watch that the gouramis don't cause them stress.

If you decide to set up your other tank again, consider increasing your school of pandas. They are absolutely delightful when kept in a single species tank. :D

Anotherview.jpg

the gourami ignore them completely.

So Cute!!!!

And for sure don't put an Angel with the pandas! The water requirements are all wrong, and, as Inchworm said, pandas are more sensitive to stress than some other Corys.

Are you breeding termometers? :lol:

Most reactions

Back