corydoras

pumaf1

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I am thinking of getting some corys, they will be in 35 litre tank with apporx 10 neon tetras. any ideas how many i should get? I was thinking of 2-3 of them

Hi pumaf1 :)

While germanshepherdlver is right about having lots of corys, your tank is small and you will probably do better with only 3 of them.

That's enought to make them happy though! :thumbs:

People do realise this is only 9 Gallons right? Personally I'd say this is too small for any corydoras, cept for the dwarf species.

When looking around for cories, try to find either 3 panda corydoras, 5 corydoras habrosus or 5 corydoras pygmaeus. These species stay a lot smaller than most average sized corydoras you see and will do better in the tank you have.

Good luck finding the cories you want!

They stay tiny, so you should be able to house at least 5 of them in your tank :)

That will do fine too :) I'm sure they'll love your tank!
Can I recommend getting a sand bottom if you dont have that already? Corydoras prefer sand, seeing as gravel tends to shave of their whiskers.

hi i have 3 albino corys in a 20 gal when i first put them in they wouldnt stop swimming around they kept darting to corner to corner but now they are fine have you seen them eat i did for my first time earlier lol ive had them for 2 weeks. :D

Most reactions

Back