Corydoras

Since we seem to be discussing Cory's here, i'll post my Cory question here instead of creating a new thread:

I currently have 2 25 gallon tanks up and running, in one tank I have 5 bronze corys and 2 peppered corys, and in the other I have 5 peppered corys. I'm aware that corys like to have 5+ of themselves around to shoal, but i've noticed the bronze corys tend to shoal together, and the 2 peppered ones are usually off in another part of the tank together. Is this normal behavior for Cory's? Or do Cory's of all types usually tend to shoal together?

What i'm thinking of doing is getting 2 more bronze Corys, adding them to the tank with the 5 Bronze and 2 Peppers, then moving the 2 peppered Cory's over to the other tank with the other 5 peppered Cory's.

Yay or Nay?

Different species sometimes shoal together, but not always. I'd go ahead and move the peppered corys together like you were thinking.

Different species sometimes shoal together, but not always. I'd go ahead and move the peppered corys together like you were thinking.

I'll get to that in the next few hours, thanks.

The peppered ones in the tank with the bronze ones are also exceptionally smaller then the bronze ones and thus tend to get pushed out of the way when it comes feeding time by the bigger bronze Corys, but they're nearly the same size as all the peppered ones in the other tank, so I think that will be a bonus as well.

Most reactions

Back