Corydoras substrate?

Meg0000

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering if corydoras or loaches could live on clay gravel (the flourite one) or it would hurt their *barbles*(not sure of that word since I speak french lol)

Should be fine it's sharp rocks or really just something with a sharpish edge to it especially if it's near glass. They love to glass surf and could be susceptible to scratches and broken whiskers or barbles

Should be fine it's sharp rocks or really just something with a sharpish edge to it especially if it's near glass. They love to glass surf and could be susceptible to scratches and broken whiskers or barbles
It is like that

Attachments

• 1581166145056882823257.jpg
    1581166145056882823257.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 132
you should be good. Though if your feeling crazy get a bucket and put your substrate In it and with lots of air and flow create a vortex that will tumble around your substrate to smooth out edges take a bit and its a little overkill but if you love the look of the substrate you could do it. But what you have I don't see a problem with it.

Monitor your corries closely as that is a Very sharp substrate, you may need to cap it with sand. How many Corys do You have?

Monitor your corries closely as that is a Very sharp substrate, you may need to cap it with sand. How many Corys do You have?
I don' t have corys at the moment I was just wondering if I could have some since my paradise fish is very lonely. If I cap it with sand I think the sand would sink under the gravel

If i can' t because it is toi sharp
I don' t have corys at the moment I was just wondering if I could have some since my paradise fish is very lonely. If I cap it with sand I think the sand would sink under the gravel
corries swim at different levels then a paradise fish and they would not interact, they also should not be in a 10 gallon.

You really should be good fish arnt toddlers. If they can live in rivers and lakes that have rocks,sand, and who knows what else that could have an edge down there you'll be fine. People forget these creatures live outside of tanks as well.

You really should be good fish arnt toddlers. If they can live in rivers and lakes that have rocks,sand, and who knows what else that could have an edge down there you'll be fine. People forget these creatures live outside of tanks as well.
Actually rivers and streams where corries live do not have sharp bottoms, they have very fine sand.

corries swim at different levels then a paradise fish and they would not interact, they also should not be in a 10 gallon.
I know it is really temporary my paradise fish is just a juvenile and in 4 months I will get a 30 gallon. If you go see my other thread named help paradise fish you will have more information on my situation.

Actually rivers and streams where corries live do not have sharp bottoms, they have very fine sand.
So I think I can forget about corys for my tank but what should I do for my paradise fish?

I know it is really temporary my paradise fish is just a juvenile and in 4 months I will get a 30 gallon. If you go see my other thread named help paradise fish you will have more information on my situation.
I saw it, but the they would not interact since Corys are botton dwellers, if you want Corys then you should get them in 4 months when you have a tank that is suitable for them. I would get some danios for your paradise fish.

I saw it, but the they would not interact since Corys are botton dwellers, if you want Corys then you should get them in 4 months when you have a tank that is suitable for them. I would get some danios for your paradise fish.
Great should I have like 4 White mountain clouds minnow?

You could try them, but be ready to separate as paradise fish are apparently not good tank mates and prefer to be alone.( just did some research)

Most reactions

Back