Corydoras Sick or Pregnant?

• Sick.

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Pregnant.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

fish.mw.breeder

Reaction score
I am not too familar with this kind of fish... Introducing the offspring if having any... But she is fat along the ridges... She is a female. I have a whole group of corydoras. And she has a raised red dot under her stomache... She is alive & looking around but if still, the tail raises and she stops from drifting off. Sick or Pregnant? (Sorry not to have any pictures)

Thanks in Advance! :fish:

Also, Males started chasing around tank, like guppies in mating process...

Hi fish.mw.breeder,

I'm sorry to have to say this, but corys don't get pregnant. They are egg layers and females are just naturally shaped longer and wider than the males.

If it has a red spot on it, it's probably some sign of an infection. Clean the tank by doing a good water change and bottom vacuuming and add an anti-bacterial medication.

She lost the red spot within a minute... And I am sorry for the word pregnant (it is what usualy say) :lol: But like she is heavier on one said than she is on the other. She keeps swimming around the tank and when she stays still her tail fin goes up almost drifting... Is she going to bare eggs or is she sick?

Also, it is a little bit pink on the heavier side of her...

*usually

Most reactions

Back