Reaction score
Request Help

Tank size: 10 gallon
pH: 8.5
ammonia: 0
nitrite: 0
nitrate: 30
tank temp: 76 F

Fish Symptoms (include full description including lesion, color, location, fish behavior):
I have four Peppered cories which I bought six days ago. One of them, when I got him, wasn't behaving quite normally: he would skulk in the back of the tank and didn't shoal with the other three, sometimes resting in the plants for long periods of time without moving. I came home two days ago to find him floating upside down at the bottom of the tank. He'd make a mad dash for the top, get tired, and slowly sink back down. I noticed that his gill and chin area were very red. Two hours later, he died.

I went back to the store and got a replacement (after they checked my water parameters themselves and found them fine). Now the new cory is acting suspicious. He's red all along the paler areas of his lower sides and underbelly, and he's swimming erratically up and down, not quite able to steer himself quite right.

Cory diet: fish flakes, shrimp pellets, and blanched butter lettuce leaves

Volume and Frequency of water changes: Just finished a two-month cycling period and did an 80% water change before getting my cories.

Chemical Additives or Media in your tank: Erm. I have a charcoal filter in my AquaClear 150 filter . . .

Tank inhabitants: 4 Peppered cories. Lots of evil snails. Several live plants.

Substrate: mixed sand and gravel

Recent additions to your tank (living or decoration): Nope.

Exposure to chemicals: . . . No?

Digital photo (include if possible): Took a video too, but it wouldn't load. :(

Attachments

• red fish.jpg
    red fish.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 123

Most reactions

Back