"cory Quest 2005" - Success At Last!

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

The lazer stripe corys are not real common yet. I've seen them periodically on aquabid and sometimes fish2u.com has them. I think Inchworm has some of them. They really were exquisite, I wish I could afford to get 4 or 5 of them. Sigh.

So here are my unidentified corys, if anyone recognizes them let me know. These are the the first 2 corys I ever owned. These 2 have been with me for well over a year and I've never found any more of them since getting them. The lfs had them labeled as Corydoras Julii but they don't look like any of the pictures I've seen of Julii's. They've matured quite large, probably 2 1/4" - 2 1/2" from nose to tail, definately the largest species I have. They are very timid compared to my other corys but I imagine thats probably because there's only the 2 of them. I'd like to find them a few more friends as well as a couple more Schwartzi. And of course I still want to try some Adolfois again. Oh, and some Sterbais would be nice and some lazer stripes... The corys are going to outnumber my swordies before long.

notjulli.jpg

Polardbear, I have one cory just like yours in my tank -- again, he was labeled as a julii. I've researched them, and I believe they are corydoras reticulatus. I don't know if I've spelled that right, but planetcatfish has some info on it.

They're really nice-looking cories though!

your cory's look stunning.i got 9 sterbai today.little baby ones,really cute.

corys are quiet addictive arnt they, they r just so cute. i was lucky enough to pick up two orange lazors a couple of weeks back, £7.00 each, bargain...not sure the fish shop knew how rare they were :p

i have got some reticulatus, yours don't look like mine :/

Polardbear said:
So here are my unidentified corys, if anyone recognizes them let me know. - Quote edited by Guppyman®
c_sodalis_1_aa.jpg
Hi. These are Corydoras sodalis - Frank/Guppyman®

Guppyman® said:
Polardbear said:
So here are my unidentified corys, if anyone recognizes them let me know. - Quote edited by Guppyman®
c_sodalis_1_aa.jpg
Hi. These are Corydoras sodalis - Frank/Guppyman®
[snapback]887732[/snapback]​

the name is on the picture.. :p

Now all I have to do is find 4 more "soldalis" and 4 more Schwartzi's and all my corys will have their own little schools. But the really hard part is going to be deciding what species to put in the 55 gallon tank I bought last weekend. I spent all morning figuring out which group of swordies will be moving in to it and then I realized that I'll need some more (new) corys for it. Oh darn, I guess I'll have to go cory shopping again! (yippee!)

Those corydoras sodalis are GORGEOUS! :hyper: And I can't believe ANYbody finding orange lazers for 7 pounds($14 CDN). SeffieUK did you EVER get a bargain. Last price quote I got was $35...EACH. :crazy:

Polardbear I am definitely jealous that you get to go cory shopping again! :nod:

Let us know what you get. And THANKS for the gorgeous cory photos. I just fall more in love with these guys all the time. :kewlpics:

SnowyzMom said:
Those corydoras sodalis are GORGEOUS! :hyper: And I can't believe ANYbody finding orange lazers for 7 pounds($14 CDN). SeffieUK did you EVER get a bargain. Last price quote I got was $35...EACH. :crazy:

Polardbear I am definitely jealous that you get to go cory shopping again! :nod:

Let us know what you get. And THANKS for the gorgeous cory photos. I just fall more in love with these guys all the time. :kewlpics:
[snapback]888411[/snapback]​

I've seen em for $3.50 each... i didnt get them cause there were only 1.

Hi Polardbear :)

ALL of your corys are beautiful! :thumbs: I'm sure they will thrive in your tank. :D

For those of you who might still be interested, here are some pictures of my lazer corys:

Orange;

OrangeLaser1.jpg

Gold:

Goldline1.jpg

Green:

GreenStripe3.jpg

All the laser corys have astonishing colors, especially when they are mature, and look even better in real life than they do in pictures!

All the laser corys have astonishing colors, especially when they are mature, and look even better in real life than they do in pictures!
[snapback]890624[/snapback]​
[/quote]
Wow! Is that possible? Never seen any around here and i doubt id be able to afford a shoal of them even if they did. :(
Sure are beauties. The greens are my favourite

Most reactions

Back