Cory Prices Going Through The Roof......

Mat- Trowell is expensive :crazy: If i can get the oh to agree i get him to take me to tall trees :) Wheres the nearest Maidenhead to you? I was wanting to find some more shops. I went to Wharf on sat. came home empty handed due to kids playing up.

mattlee, theres no point, i have no where for them and to sell them on i would have to post which adds to cost as no one on here lives near me, corydoras as cute as some are don't really interest me so i leave them for others haha

maidenhead in worthing were selling adult bronze corys for £5 each yesterday.

they have peru gold stripe corys at bas in bolton for £2.50 each. my lfs has about 20 different cory's in stock at the moment and the most expensive is £4

Can I come stay overnight at your place and pick some up! LOL typical all the good fish stores are at the opposite end of the country. We definately are not the most expensive down here but then it depends where you go.

The best deal I have seen is tiny pandas 4 for £10 (Pets at Home). A lot of the stores will do bronze, peppered and albinos for £3ish.
There is a more private store that sells most of his for around £3-4.50 for all his cories but touch and go what condition they are in (got the pygmies for £3 and caudimaculatus for £3.5 here which were perfect but then again he had some sterbais in once that were in awful shape).
Another store sold the habrosus and mislabbelled pygmies (selling as hastatus) for £2.50 each so these are all pretty decent but then you go to somewhere like maidenhead where the prices start at £4 up, they do do group deals but usually the most expensive (then again also usually the best condition) The one we frequent when we can really looks after their fish.

Some prices are so ridiculous though around here that you can actually get more competitve prices online including postage!

Cory's have always been expensive here, even Peppered & albino are £4, Pandas are £10 each, sterbai's also normally around £10 each

well just a few examples, they have a tank in my lfs of 'mixed corys' comprising of bronze corydoras, albino corydoras and peppered corydoras for £1.50 each, panda cory's are £1.50 each, they did have pygmies but i think they have all gone for £1.50, i think sterbai are the most expensive in there and they are £4 each, they have juli, axelrodi, adolfi, agassizzi, armatus, habrosus, metae, paleatus, punctatus, reynoldsi, rabauti, sodalis, schwartzi, trillineatus, venezuelans and weitzmani and there just the ones i can remember lol, and as i said the most expensive is £4.

i go some place's and am really shocked at some price's, as i am with some mentioned here!
looks like i could make a living out of buying and selling corydoras lol!

You really really could! Stop making me drool :drool: Im after some on that list but having to pay definately alot more :lol:

why, are you all from somewhere down south or something?? ha its not just corydoras though all the fish in the lfs are cheaper than i even see online.
i think its more to do with the people round here, all tight.... people. if he had his prices any higher no one would buy anything! i have to order most of my fish in as if he got them in normally no one would buy the rest of them.
like he had some really nice wild severums at about 3" for about £3 each and they was there for ages! and lots of little petricola and decorus syno's really cheap and they been there for ages, the most expensive rainbow fish is them red ones at about 4" for £5. i'll stop now, but its difficult to understand some price differences within the same country!
i should convince him to set up a website, i bet he would sell more fish then, and i could be his currier! haha... good idea actually..............

TELL HIM! If he does decent delivery prices he will make a killing lol. :X Yep way down in Dorset! Its crummy at times as also when people are selling/rehoming fish on here they are a good 2-3 hours away :fun: It sounds like paradise :lol:

Mat- Trowell is expensive :crazy: If i can get the oh to agree i get him to take me to tall trees :) Wheres the nearest Maidenhead to you? I was wanting to find some more shops. I went to Wharf on sat. came home empty handed due to kids playing up.
the nearest one to me is at Stapleton near Hinckley. the people are very nice and know their stuff but they have been trying for months to get me some corys, so they say! but nothing has come in so far. i had the last of the gold stripes during summer last year and they cant get anymore. a shame as this maidenhead is very well priced.
ive bought sulawesi cardinal shrimp for £4 from here and well coloured CRS for £3.50 which ive been told by other members is a very good price. ive bought quite alot of my fish from here and they do seem to be good, the only thing that puts me off is the filtration system as its all rigged up as 1 not individual and they do seem to have a few cases of ick from time to time.
i also have A5 aquatics near me which is good but mostly run of the mill stuff nothing really exciting!

well how come every time i see something i want for sale its always way down south! ha
why is this because this always happens to me too..... fish, tanks, equipment etc etc etc even when buying a car the best priced ones are miles away, i dont think i have bought a car from near where i live yet! im right bang in the middle of the country in Leicestershire and every thing decent is right up north or way down south :angry: :sad:

Most reactions

Back