Cory Eggs

robbo1078

Reaction score
soooo my corys laid eggs on both filters i have, plus a few on tank walls, i collected them and put them in a floating breeding trap so they didnt get munched, this was a few days ago now, they're 'clear' with a white 'ball' inside, are these fertilized eggs? ive been told 3-5 days and it mustve been at least 3, so am i not getting any cory babies :( should i just put them in the tank for my fishies to munch on?

If they're solid white,then they are probably infertile or have gone bad. Did you put an airstone in there to circulate the water? - just having them in the trap without a good circulation may ause the eggs to go off.

ahh okay :( thankyou for the reply...

noo i didnt, its just infront of the filter so the ripple just about goes over the trap, probably not enough circulation though :(

How often do they lay eggs? Would love some little baby corys around!

Depends what mood the corys are in :lol:

Mine tend to lay every few weeks, most of the time i miss the eggs,has i'm just off to work when they start,then they've been munched on my return :rolleyes:

ahh i see lol, i did my first ever 'cold' water change the other day and that mustve got them 'in the mood' :lol: as after this they were crazy for a little while, then overnight when the lights were off...!

every few weeks, thats good lol :D ill invest in an airstone and try better for next time then ;)

any tips for if they do lay again? lol

Hi robbo1078,

Here's an article that will give you some ideas. Everyone who has raised corys will have their own tips and tricks, so don't hesitate to come back and ask questions.

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/165155-the-breeding-of-corydoras-catfish/

Most reactions

Back