Cory Breeding

SHINIE

Reaction score
Hiya, what size and age do Cories breed at? Can any one give me any answers.

Considering I am new to this Forum I still don't know my way around it. All you had to do was offer me the link. Have a bit more curtisy with newbies please.
Thanks anyway.

Give this newbie a bit of slack, its hard to find your way around here when your new and scrolling down the forum and you find a topic thats related to your question then your gunna put it in that section, hence the cory section, dont you think?
TBH i dont think that breeding cories is a frequently asked question as most people including myself just use them as a clean up crew.

welcome to the forum SHINIE, if you have any more questions then carry on and put them into the appropiate sections, as you did in the first place.

Yeah, some folks like to encourage others to look in the stickies.

I usually do my best to answer the quest and then let them know they might find more detailed information in the stickies. Although sometimes I can't remember what exactly is in the stickies.

In some forums the response is automatic to tell people to check the stickies first. Spend some time in the African and New World forums! :hyper:

But it helps not to be thin skinned. Xebadir is nothing if not thoughtful. Wait until you really get a head slap! Although you probably won't from long time Cory keepers.

The stickies are long and time consuming and spread over lots of forums sometimes. In some cases they are even contradictory. Try researching ich in TFF. I hardly ever go to the stickies first.

A nice question is a newbie's way of getting aquainted. It was for me.

Anyway, SHINE:
It depends on the breed. I have Cories that spawn when I am still unsure of their sex! I think Peppers and Bronze get jiggy on the way out of the egg sac! :wub: Others may never spawn for you. Take a look at Coriologist signature!

Yeah, some folks like to encourage others to look in the stickies.

I usually do my best to answer the quest and then let them know they might find more detailed information in the stickies. Although sometimes I can't remember what exactly is in the stickies.

In some forums the response is automatic to tell people to check the stickies first. Spend some time in the African and New World forums! :hyper:

But it helps not to be thin skinned. Xebadir is nothing if not thoughtful. Wait until you really get a head slap! Although you probably won't from long time Cory keepers.

The stickies are long and time consuming and spread over lots of forums sometimes. In some cases they are even contradictory. Try researching ich in TFF. I hardly ever go to the stickies first.

A nice question is a newbie's way of getting aquainted. It was for me.

Anyway, SHINE:
It depends on the breed. I have Cories that spawn when I am still unsure of their sex! I think Peppers and Bronze get jiggy on the way out of the egg sac! :wub: Others may never spawn for you. Take a look at Coriologist signature!

Hiya
Thanks for explaining these things to me, it is much appreciated.

Certainly not a problem. Welcome to Cory mania!

[It wasn't all for your benefit. :shifty: ]

Sorry, SHINNIE not SHINE :blush:

I wasnt meaning to sound harsh or critical, just trying to make a suggestion to have a look in stickies.

Modaz: Have a sift through the cory section and tell me that cory breeding isnt a FAQ, in fact its what most of our traffic is, mainly due to unexpected breeding in community tanks.

Generally I like to refer people to stickies(that i found useful) first to give them background and general information, and then answer any questions they might have on top of that.

I apologise if i made you feel unwelcome Shinie, Welcome to the Corydoras Section.

Modaz: Have a sift through the cory section and tell me that cory breeding isnt a FAQ, in fact its what most of our traffic is, mainly due to unexpected breeding in community tanks.

:rolleyes: my comments wasnt directed at you at all, sorry if they seemed that way, i was just defending SHINIE as it looked like some offence had been taken thats all. topic dropped, no hard feelings peeps. :good:

Certainly not a problem. Welcome to Cory mania!

[It wasn't all for your benefit. :shifty: ]

Sorry, SHINNIE not SHINE :blush:

Thats okay, thanks :cool:

I wasnt meaning to sound harsh or critical, just trying to make a suggestion to have a look in stickies.

Generally I like to refer people to stickies(that i found useful) first to give them background and general information, and then answer any questions they might have on top of that.

I apologise if i made you feel unwelcome Shinie, Welcome to the Corydoras Section.

Thats fine, thanks :friends:

Most reactions

Back