Copepods + Rotifers

Uriel

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Has anyone had any luck with culturing copepods + rotifers. I was looking for kits or sellers people would reccomend. Plus any handy tips anyone may have.

Has anyone had any luck with culturing copepods + rotifers. I was looking for kits or sellers people would reccomend. Plus any handy tips anyone may have.

Really easy to setup. Container/pods/air pump (1 bubble per second)/phyto/pods and a window sill.
They are prone to crashing tho........like mine did! Lol

Oh and they stink! Lol

Oh and they stink! Lol

Always best to run x 2 cultures :good: Strange Woody, mine didtn't whif, what were you doing to it!!!!

Seffi ex

Only stunk when I removed the lid and actually smelt them!.........never again tho as I almost threw up!

Have Ozzie to thank for them but now I ain't got my Mandy I don't really need them.

If i do a culture and then add the copepods to display tank and refugium. Will it help establish a colony big enough to feed a mandy. or do you need to be doing constant cultures ?

If i do a culture and then add the copepods to display tank and refugium. Will it help establish a colony big enough to feed a mandy. or do you need to be doing constant cultures ?

You could do it with a refugium or if your tank is big enough and if you create a large pile of lr rubble in a corner of the tank then you could add pods, rotifers etc on a weekly basis to build a culture...........I think! lol

How much would you concider a lot ? I have about 50kg give or take. Although some of the bits will be going in the sump rather than the DT. I just thought if i managed to establish a good colony now then they would breed fast enough to not get wiped out ? If you think i'll need more LR then I'll get some now as i think i might want a few more plate pieces to do my cave work anyhow. I just hate the idea of having a fish starve to death, so wanted him to feel like he'd been dropped into a Las vegas all you can eat buffet.

Most reactions

Back