Copepod Culture Water Change

lgarvey

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm not sure about how to change the water on my copepod culture, without sucking out a load of the buggers. Any ideas how this is done?

Fortunately I don't need to do a W/C for awhile but I'd like to make sure that if any kit is needed, I have it to hand. I do have a piece of pipe with the filter at the end for sieving the pods out of the tank, but am not sure how/if this could be used with a W/C.

I have had the culture for about a week and it already seems to be thriving.

Cheers,
L

yeah just put the sieve over the end of some airline and use the airline to drain the water.

I know everyone recommends doing regular water changes but one of my cultures I have left for about 2 months now (just doing small top ups) and its actually doing better then the ones I regularly do water changes on. There is however a much bigger risk of having the culture crash this way though.

yeah just put the sieve over the end of some airline and use the airline to drain the water.

I know everyone recommends doing regular water changes but one of my cultures I have left for about 2 months now (just doing small top ups) and its actually doing better then the ones I regularly do water changes on. There is however a much bigger risk of having the culture crash this way though.

I agree with you Barney, I didn't do a water change on mine and it never crashed in six months, just made sure i always topped up with water every couple of days - mine became green with algae, they loved it

Seffie x

Hi,

How do you go about topping it up? Do you make a mark where on the container and keep it at that mark or something? I assume topping up with RO. I'm asking because I'll need to buy RO specifically to keep the container topped up.

Argh - I just saw a small extremely thin and very long worm thing crawling around the live rock in my tank.

L

Hi,

How do you go about topping it up? Do you make a mark where on the container and keep it at that mark or something?

Yes indeed

I assume topping up with RO.

again yes, always and I mean always have a 25 litre of RO ready and waiting for emergency water change

I'm asking because I'll need to buy RO specifically to keep the container topped up.

Argh - I just saw a small extremely thin and very long worm thing crawling around the live rock in my tank.

Woo hoo your first worm

L

Seffie x

Most reactions

Back