Convicts

dcarmor927

Fishaholic
Reaction score
i have a pair of convicts in a 55 gal with a salvini, since the pair lost all their fry my salvini has taken over the tank, i re arranged everything to try and give them two different sides, but the salvini still chases the cons out...i dont want to have to buy a divider for the tank as there is a pleco in the tank too and i dont want to constrict him...will the cons get tough again when they set up a breeding spot? or will the salvini keep chasing em out?

Thanks for any help!

i have a pair of convicts in a 55 gal with a salvini, since the pair lost all their fry my salvini has taken over the tank, i re arranged everything to try and give them two different sides, but the salvini still chases the cons out...i dont want to have to buy a divider for the tank as there is a pleco in the tank too and i dont want to constrict him...will the cons get tough again when they set up a breeding spot? or will the salvini keep chasing em out?

Thanks for any help!

Hi! Yes...they will toughen up once they lay eggs. How did they lose the fry??? My convicts just laid eggs 2 days ago and they are keeping everyone else on the other end of the tank(55 gallon) so I dont worry about them being constricted as they have the majority of the tank anyways. The male and female convict tend to stay in one spot of the aquarium. I caught them spawning so I put it on youtube and is getting ready to post the link here.

I wouldnt count on it, Salvini's can be very aggressive and if he's taken over the tank, he will plan on it staying that way.

Thanks for the replies, sorry for the delay, my internet has been out :crazy: :crazy: lol but yea i think youre tight minx, the salbini keeps his eye on them at all times..

@ mrsdoubtfire (lmao @ name btw, good movie) i lost the fry because it was a) the first time these cons have bred together, and b) im pretty sure the salvini ate some of em lol

I guess ill have to invest in a divider, i dont want something permanent so i think ill just DYI it

Thanks again

Most reactions

Back