Convict, Oscar Or Piranha

carney

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi
I am going to get a 55 gallon tank. 48x15x18

i am wanting one of the following, which would you choose please?

2 convict cihlids
2 tiger oscars
4 piranhas

Thanks
DAvid

well the last two are out the eqasion as its not big enough for 1 oscar and piranas need to be in groups and that tank aint big enough sorry mate.

hi, i dont understand, if you google oscars, most if not all the sites say 55 gallon for a pair of tiger oscars and 25gall of water per 2 piranhas???

well you really need atleast 75 gaallons for one oscar
and the piranas would not have enough room to swim as they can be skittish and would more and likely hit the glass

anyone else with opinions please?, im getting vastly contradicting info
ta

55 is fine for 1 oscar, but thats it- no tankmates

convicts i have had and they get very aggressive when breeding and fry are hard to shift, nice looking fish tho, if you want ciclids why limit yourself to the coice of these 3, there are hundreds to choose from..
saying that i would have an oscar everytime :lol:

hi, i have a cichlid tank also, just wanted a new tank with 2 or 3 larger fish. i like the piranhas

i dont know anything about them, i like silver dollars tho.. they wont eat ur arm when its feeding time :lol: and mistaken for pirhanas by those that dont know the difference.. ie me :D

Piranha are a schooling fish would suggest minimum of 6 but thats a bigger tank than you have got your eye on so they're off the list.

1 Oscar with great filtration would live in there happily but no other fish at all.

Hi
I am going to get a 55 gallon tank. 48x15x18

i am wanting one of the following, which would you choose please?

2 convict cihlids
2 tiger oscars
4 piranhas

Thanks
DAvid

i think you should expand your options. i dont know much but i hear convicts can be vicious, oscars get huuge, and piranhas school and therefore need giant tanks.

Most reactions

Back