CONVICT FRYYYY

Theres a good chance they will die in a net. Not enough oxygen gets in and out of those. You should leave them with the parents or get a 10g or something to grow them in if you want to keep them. They also make good snacks for other fish ;)

what if i put an air stone in the net?
set it low enough so it doesnt disturb the fry but high enough to keep oxygen in the net.

-Dave

You can keep them in a breeding net for abit but you wont be able to grow them out in it...Also once you remove fry from the parents they will soon follow with another batch of fry....You need a viable way to handle them.

Use them as feeders. They will never stop breeding and nobody wants them!!!! Not even for free. I have 4th generation cons and fry presently. They will never stop and the parents will terrorize your other fish while the fry is present.

I was going to say that too - cons are such great parents that you don't need to do anything. They know what they're doing.

Now, if you have other fish in the tank, watch out, that female con isn't going to let anything anywhere near her babys. You may even need a tank divider to keep the other fish alive while the fry get older.

Most reactions

Back