convict cichlid tank mate

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

A pH of 8.4 is pretty high for most freshwater fishes. It would be fine for Rift Lake cichlids :)

At this stage, just see how the pH in the tank goes. If it is still above 7.6 in a couple of days, then make up some water with the pH reducer and do a water change with that water.

Try not to change the pH by more than 0.1 or 0.2 every few days. Sudden changes in pH can kill the fish.

A pH of 8.4 is pretty high for most freshwater fishes. It would be fine for Rift Lake cichlids :)

At this stage, just see how the pH in the tank goes. If it is still above 7.6 in a couple of days, then make up some water with the pH reducer and do a water change with that water.

Try not to change the pH by more than 0.1 or 0.2 every few days. Sudden changes in pH can kill the fish.
sounds good, thanks for the help colin!

I’ve not had any luck keeping tank mates with my Convict. He takes chunks out of everything except the Bristlenose catfish in the tank which manages to hide very well from him. I actually think he’s happier and way more interactive with me as a solo fish. 🙂

I’ve not had any luck keeping tank mates with my Convict. He takes chunks out of everything except the Bristlenose catfish in the tank which manages to hide very well from him. I actually think he’s happier and way more interactive with me as a solo fish. 🙂
I actually ended up moving her to her own tank,and I would agree she seems happier and has more of a personality now that she’s not chasing around my other fish lol

Most reactions

Back