Convict Cichilds

~fishyluver~

Reaction score
i have three convict cichilds and they are each a different color...is there a color that a healthy convict should have?

i have three convict cichilds and they are each a different color...is there a color that a healthy convict should have?

My mother inherited some unidentified cichlids with a second hand tank she bought. I I'D'd them from pictures as either a Jewel or convict (I don't know much about cichlids) one was a bit larger than the other and their colours changed just before they bred. They turned a bit nasty when the fry arrived, chasing anything that got too close. They kept reproducing so fast that they were placed in the walking catfish tank, not sure if they bred again after that but if they did the fry became food. Some one will undoubtably have a solid answer for you but my guess is that because my mothers fish changed colour then I am guessing yours are changing colour for similar reasons.

cons are either black and white, blue and black or albino.

i think.

when there ready to breed (which is every 2 seconds damn them lol) then the females breast should go a red colour.

you shouldnt really have 3 if they are cons because if a pair forms then they will bully the 3rd loner probably to death.

the rest of your fish wont have the greatest time either,there very very protective parents.

Most reactions

Back