Constructing My Own Tank

IONMEL

Reaction score
i am making my own tank, its measurements are going to be height=2ft, depth=2ft and length=5ft, 190 gallons, resting on a reinforced wooden/steel stand, it is going to be the home for cichlids and oscars, and maybe an arrowanah

i am making my own tank, its measurements are going to be height=2ft, depth=2ft and length=5ft, 190 gallons, resting on a reinforced wooden/steel stand, it is going to be the home for cichlids and oscars, and maybe an arrowanah
Good luck with the built! Would love to see pictures during it. Just a heads up 5ftx2ftx2ft is 150 gallons

Good luck with the built! Would love to see pictures during it. Just a heads up 5ftx2ftx2ft is 150 gallons

yea sorry lol the height is 2.5 , all together it 25 cubic ft, it comes out to almost 190g

Sweet, what do you plan do use to make the tank out of?

my friend owns a glass company so im prob going to use tempered glass that has a slight blue tint to it , metal case that goes along the bottom , top, and corners,

Just as a quick side note, how much is glass? For example one of your 5'x2.5' sides?

I'm not sure how much it is but one thing I can say is its a heck of a lot cheaper then acrylic.

I'm not sure how much it is but one thing I can say is its a heck of a lot cheaper then acrylic.

its $11 a sq ft, i just did the math just alone the glass is 300 pounds, i think im going to go smaller maybe 130g

its $11 a sq ft, i just did the math just alone the glass is 300 pounds, i think im going to go smaller maybe 130g
Tempered glass is a must for the bottom, and as water weights something like 8 pounds per gallon. Im not sure about the structure of the sides you'd have to look further into it

Assume you are also pursuing this in the hardware section as that's where you find the members who have done or do this sort of thing all the time... WD

Most reactions

Back