Considering Betta For 5 Gal

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Well, Wendywc, you were right...she fell in love with the bettas and didn't care less about the tail. We ended up with Rainbow, who is very striking, and I think he caught her eye because he actually came over to see us! Not sure what tail type as he has been a little quiet tonight, understandably, but we hope to see more of his personality in the future. I added a soft silk plant that is tall enough to float under the current which should divert it a little and a cave decoration. The tank looks a little crowded right now so I may end up removing some of her other decor, we will see how Rainbow reacts to the tank for awhile.

Congrats!! :D Sounds great that he swam over for you two. He's probably full of personality then. Can't wait to see pics. :fun:

Haven't gotten any pics yet, it has been a busy week, but Rainbow LOVES his new home. I have been really surprised at how much he swims around since I have only ever seen bettas in small containers or bare tanks and they don't do much! I believe the ghost shrimp is gone..will know for sure when I do water/tank clean tomorrow morning, but that is okay. So far I haven't seen him eat much, a little pea this morning, 1 pellet at a time once per day. I bought the bio blend betta food because that is what they said they fed their bettas on, will probably pick up hikari tomorrow. Tasted a blood worm, but spit it out! But since he is getting more active every day I am not worried. I showed my daughter for the first time tonight how he can flare with a mirror....way too cool! When I find a bigger mirror that doesn't block the fish I will get some pics. I can now understand how people end up with so many bettas when they can't house them together! Am already thinking a 5 gal might be light enough to sit on my desk......

Most reactions

Back