Considering A Rehome

Maybe I'm missing something obvious here, but why couldn't you decant, say, half the water out of any of these tanks and then insulate and transport the whole works? The filter stays wet, the fish isn't stressed by catching in a net and stuck in a bag ... just curious why that wouldn't work. 
Dunno.gif

Wouldn't the water slosh about a bit? That in itself might be more stressful for the betta.

It would slosh around in the bag, too. Maybe not as much. I don't know. Just seems like it would be a lot more chaotic for the fish to be netted, put in a plastic bag, then dumped back in the tank but I may be way off.

I see what you mean...unfortunately there are lots of little windy roads where I live. I think some sloshing is inevitable, whether the fish is bagged or in the tank.  I suppose I could do what This Old Spouse suggested, but tightly pack/insulate the tank within the box, to minimise sloshing?

I must admit when I picked up my 30 litre hosp tank it had incompatible fish in it which I rehomed - I just drained it leaving about 1/3 swimming space, then put tank on passenger with set belt over and around it.

That journey took me 40 mins and all was well :)

SmokedPaprika said:
I see what you mean...unfortunately there are lots of little windy roads where I live. I think some sloshing is inevitable, whether the fish is bagged or in the tank.  I suppose I could do what This Old Spouse suggested, but tightly pack/insulate the tank within the box, to minimise sloshing?

Yes, that's exactly what I was thinking. 
good.gif

It does make sense - I mean, I'm not going to be driving like Cruella de Vil, so I suppose fishy will be fine for a short distance.

I love how I haven't even seen these fish and yet in my head I'm already adopting one :p

I think she may be heading for MTS, don't you, TOS? lol

This Old Spouse said:
Or more? 
whistling.gif

innocent.gif

At the moment I only have one "tank spot" set up, right next to my sofa so I can hang out with my new fish while I unwind on an evening - but I'm sure I could find more space if it was needed...

I said that Paprika and now I'm looking to see what I can move to make room for another betta tank! I'm about to upgrade from DTS to MTS! lol
I travelled 1½hrs  this afternoon with my betta "Eragon" and we both made it home in one piece - won't bore you with the details here, but I've posted about it in my thread New 30L betta tank.

Does MTS seem to affect betta lovers more than us mere mortals? It certainly seems that way to me. ;)

Seems that way TLM! lol
I've only just got my first betta and now I'm looking for ways to expand to another! WAHHH!!!

Most reactions

Back