Congo Tetra

fozzy81

Reaction score
Hi all just wondered what people thought about congo tetras as i am getting some given at the weekend

As in Phenacogrammus interruptus? Lovely looking fish; pretty robust; can become chunky ~10cm fish as adults to a 4-foot tank is preferrable; good schooling fish for African oddball tanks inclding Butterfly Fish/ Leopard Bushfish etc. as they are generally quite calm moving/feeding fish; best to stock 1 male to at least 2 females so I'd personally go for a group of 9 with 3 males (so the males will display their amazing colours to impress the females and challenge their rivals).

hi yeah just rally wanted to know how thery are with other fish . im ment to be getting two of them i hav a 110l tank with 2 dwarf gouramis 2 mollies 2 danios a a common plec and a red tail shark and really will i have enough room.. im getting a new tank in the next thew months either 5 or 6 ft so the fish that will get big in my 110 will go to the new tank ...

Ah IMO dont get them for the reasons of they need to on groups of 6-8+ and you dont have the sapce in 110L and they get big a few of my males are approx 9cm and growing i have a 350L and they are taking up alot of room. When you get your bigger tank sure go buy a big group they are mellow fish

Most reactions

Back