Condensation

Durbkat

Untrainable
Reaction score
I noticed a few days ago that their is alot of condenstation on the back of my light strip and on the front of my filter. For people in the UK the hoods I use are like hard black plastic and have a place where a light strip sits on it, it looks sorta like this and behind the light strip is where the filter is since I cut the back of the hood off so the hood could fit and the front of the filter and the back of the light strip is wet and I dry it off but it comes back. Is their anything I could do so mold and mildew doesn't set in on it?

How would I do that when their isn't barley 2"-3" between the back of the light strip and the filter?

Condensation is always a problem where water is concerned. Mold & mildew are a constant battle with fish rooms, reducing evaporation is a preventative measure.

Pick up a piece of cheap light diffuser panel as shown in this article; http://www.gcca.net/howto/tank_covers.htm

Cut pieces to fit over the openings, and around the filter. I use this on most of my tanks, it reduces evaporation better than anything I've ever tried.

Sure, why not as long as there is something to support it. I guess it would give the fish a new toy if it fell in. :)

Always had evaporation problems, so whenever I cut the backsplash (trim strip on the back end of the hood), I first position all my items on the back of the tank (filter, airlines, power cords) and pencil in where they would conflict with the backsplash.

Next comes the Dremel Moto Tool and cutting wheels, grinding and sanding attachments. This seems to fix a lot of the problems with water escaping by cutting the exposed water surface to a bare minimum.

v/r, N-A

Most reactions

Back