Compatibility

danon

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Evening all,i'm after a little advice.

My tank has been up and running for nearly 2 years now. Started off with 4 yellow labs,3f and 1m.
4 cyno afra white tops, should have been 1m and 3f but, ended up with 3 males.All was fine for about 12months then all hell broke loose, between the afra's.
So i returned them to lfs.
Due to some extreme breeding, I now have about 18 yellow labs.
I have asked my lfs, and they will swap all the yellow labs(will be keeping 4 back).The question is what fish to have in return??
Not sure what stock he has in, but have you any sugestions.

What size is your tank? If it is big enough, I would say get demasonis, they look great with labs! You can tell from my name that I like them, and I don't even have any of them :blush:

Here's my stocking list add to it One Demasoni, (was led to believe any more than one is a bad idea). Also one Venusti.

6 x Labidochromis caeruleus - yellow labs - 2 male, 4 female.
6 x Labidochromis perlmutt - mother of pearls- 2 male, 4 female.
3 x Labidochromis hongi- 1 male, 2 female.
3 x Cynotilapia afra "red top" - dogtooth cichlid - 1 male, 2 female (possibly).
1 x Pseudotropheus crabro - bumble bee- 1 male.
1 x Cyrtocara moori - blue dolphin- 1 sex unknown bump too small.
6 x Synodontis Multipunctatus - cuckoo catfish- who knows?

I too had problems with aggression between what turned out to be 2 male Afras and have had to remove one.

Just had a quick look on the net and spotted 'melanochromis johanii'. Lovely looking blue colour!!
Would this be ok with the yellow labs? 1 male, 3 female??
Looking on the net is ok but, some sites say that certain fish are less aggresive than others then, another site says totally the opposite!!!aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhhh.

Most reactions

Back