Compatable Fish ?

adam12345

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
ive got a comuntiy tank and i curently have a 95 litre with 5 zebra danios and a bristlenose plec. and tomorrow im going to my fish shop to get some new fish. im think maybe tiger barbs? would they be okay with my zebra danios? would i need more zebra danios for them to be ok? do they soend most of there time at the top or middle of the tank? because my danios are at the top and i want a bigger fsh for the middle. cheers for the help.

Tiger Barbs tend to occupy the middle level of the tank and are a stunning fish. They should be fine with the danios but could affect what you choose to put in there at a later date. They ideally need to be in groups of 6+, can be nippy and very aggressive.

Tiger Barbs tend to occupy the middle level of the tank and are a stunning fish. They should be fine with the danios but could affect what you choose to put in there at a later date. They ideally need to be in groups of 6+, can be nippy and very aggressive.

i was finking about getting 6-8 of them. my mate has danios that he doesnt want anymore so will add them if i dont have enough danios because dont want any agression. and i dont plan to put anything else into my tank my danios barbs and bn plec would be fine as its only 95 litre not much room left for stocking im guessing.

They will cover most areas of the tank, but will spend the majority of the time in the middle. Tiger barbs are noted for their aggression and fin nipping, but this is reduced if they're kept in higher numbers. Danios are quick little things and you shouldn't really have much problems mixing the two, but I'd be looking at a group of 8+ Barbs.. so it all depends on whether you're tank/filter can cope with the stock load.

They will cover most areas of the tank, but will spend the majority of the time in the middle. Tiger barbs are noted for their aggression and fin nipping, but this is reduced if they're kept in higher numbers. Danios are quick little things and you shouldn't really have much problems mixing the two, but I'd be looking at a group of 8+ Barbs.. so it all depends on whether you're tank/filter can cope with the stock load.

i think my filter can cope with it i have the filter that came with the tank cant remember the name but its for 100 litre tank. and i also have a fluval u1 filter in there too which i think is for a 45 litre tank. so i hope that will be okay. if its not enough whats the worse that will happen if theres not enough filtration. it has a very strong flow so i no the water is aireaited and has a nice current.

Sounds like you have some decent filtration in there and with regular maintenance, the Barbs should be fine.
What are the dimensions of the tank?

You could get away with adding another couple of Danios as they do prefer to be in a shoal, although if they seem happy, I wouldn't worry too much.

Most reactions

Back