Compatability/stocking 110G

Gidge

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hey guys,

At the moment I am in the process of starting up a new tank to re home my current batch of cichlids.My link

Basically I'd like to get some information on what cichlids I can put with my current batch, and how many I should keep. (male to female ratio etc)

Tank:
110G
150 x 48 x 58Hcm

Substrate:
I've had this substrate since I was alot younger so I'm assuming it's aquarium sand and crushed coral. I plan to keep similar substrate in the new tank.

Decoration:
Ocean rock/dead coral/limestone

Current stock:
1x 7 bar Frontosa
2x Green Texas (1m, 1f - Looking that way)
3x Johanni (male)
2x Electric yellow (1m, 1f)
3x Clown loaches(*hoping* 2f, 1m)
2x Rainbow sharks (These may be going)
3x Bristlenose

I think some of my stocking may be debateable, but all my fish are extremely healthy and there is very minimal aggression. Occasionally some chasing between my 2 largest Johanni's. (I did have 2m, 2f, all of them bred in my tank, but one female died and the other turned into a male :/)

Cichlids I'm interested in:
- Jalo Reef
- A. Latifasciata (Unsure of the common name)
- Marble Peacock
- Venustus
- Black Kiriza (?)(I'm pretty sure I can't have these beautiful guys as I think they need to be in groups of 10 or more and are strictly herbivores? If this is the case, could you please suggest a similar looking fish I could keep?)

I'd also like to up my numbers of electric yellows and grab a few female Johanni.

Any suggestions are more then appreciated. If I've done something severely wrong with my current stocking, please don't grill me, I'm still learning :)

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

Venustus are stunning esp the adult males... They get my vote.

Most reactions

Back