Community Tank

lisaw

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
what cichlids can i have in a community tank, ive got 2 blue rams but wondered if there are any others that are ok to go in

thanks in advance :good:

What size tank is it? Quite a few options to mix with blue rams. But with blue rams you need to keep them at a higher temperature around 28c but what other fish do you have with them?

ive got a 190 litre corner tank

tank mates are

guppies
mollys
platys
green tiger barbs
tiger barbs
blushing ambino tiger barbs
bristlenose plec
cherry barbs

ive got a 190 litre corner tank

tank mates are

guppies
mollys
platys
green tiger barbs
tiger barbs
blushing ambino tiger barbs
bristlenose plec
cherry barbs

how many of each fish?
Guppys and tigers barbs. I woulnt reccomend these in the same tank as tigers are fin nippers and the guppys tails are very tempting for the tigers.

i have
4 guppys
4 green tiger barbs
4 blushing albino barbs
4 tiger barbs
2 silver sharks
2 mollies
2 platys
1 bristle nose
2 blue rams

think thats about all of them

the tank is a 190 litre and im using a fluval 405 external filter on it

& i have no problem with the guppys and tiger barbs, the barbs chase each other and dont touch the guppies at all :good:

I have noticed this too. As long as the tiger barbs have others to entertain themselves they stick to their own species when it comes to serious nipping and just give the guppies a chase once in a blue moon.

Tigers are known to focus nipping between themselves when they are in a decent school. But still I think its a bit risky with the guppies. Also with the stocking, the silver sharks they get to a foot long each are very active and need to be in a group of at least 5 as they are a schooling fish. Other thank that your tank looks okay :) As for adding more cichlids, you could look at keyhole cichlids? Or Cupid cichlids maybe if you want something a bit different - though you need a sand substrate for them. A Firemouth or Ellioti could work in there as well, though the guppies could become food.

Tigers are known to focus nipping between themselves when they are in a decent school. But still I think its a bit risky with the guppies. Also with the stocking, the silver sharks they get to a foot long each are very active and need to be in a group of at least 5 as they are a schooling fish. Other thank that your tank looks okay :) As for adding more cichlids, you could look at keyhole cichlids? Or Cupid cichlids maybe if you want something a bit different - though you need a sand substrate for them. A Firemouth or Ellioti could work in there as well, though the guppies could become food.

the silver sharks will be going in my 6 foot tank later this year B-)

Most reactions

Back