Community Tank

i think i will try to stock this scenario, as if there are any problem i will just have to transfer.

I am no antispating my corys to grow to 3" more like 2-2.5, again, i will tranfer if i must.

so..

6 Black neons about 2 inches each = 12"
5 corys about 2.5 inches each = 12.5"
2 Rams about 2 inches each = 4"
------------
28.5" total at adult size

Over stocked by about 4" but the fact that it is a balance of bottow dwelellers, and mid range to even some what top for the Black neons, i think I will be ok.

do you guys agree???

I would be getting the Blue German Rams

i really don't know the different types of rams (as far as i know a ram is a ram and there is really only color variation-i'm probably wrong) but this set up sounds good. and you really wouldn't be too overstocked either, especially since the black neons will probably only get 1-1.5 inches.
so you would have...

5 corys about 2.5 inches each =12.5"
6 Black neons about 1.5 inches each = 9"
2 Rams about 2 inches each = 4"
------------
25.5" total at adult size

but either way with the balance of the different stratas you should be good. just watch out for aggression nd i personally would add the fish in the order i listed them before and even in this post, giving a couple weeks to a month for growth and stability in tank levels. maybe even a week if your are good and lucky! :D

good luck with your tank!!!

thanks, but since i am fishless cycleing, I am wondering if I should add the fish sooner rather than later so that the bacteria clonies dont shrink.

and than have to rebuild?

well, the bacteria shouldnt die off if you keep adding ammonia. if you are getting the rams, have a 10 gallon tank ready to move them into if things dont work out.

Dreworz, what type of filter are you planning on running, tell me what aquarium your going to use and what city you reside in. If you live in the US and are near a petsmart print out a filter or any of their items than go to the store. They do price checks and you can save almost 50 per cent compared to petco.

i have an external filter,

what u mean print out??? like the fact that test kits are 27.99 in the store but lister for like 15.00 on there website??

It is a 20 gallon(US)

and i dont know why it matters wher i live but, i live close to Philadelphia.

Ok cool, ya you can buy the Aquarium pharmectuticals test kit for 15 bucks instead of the instore price. Petco doesn;t do this which goes to shame.

What type of ex. filter do you have, can?

wisper, it like 8 years old used for 4 of 'em
works great still

u do this at petsmart?? do they say this?? o did u force it upon them??

They do it, it's just a hidden thing. They are actually happy that their customers do that. Since they are pretty much better than Petco

from there online store?? ok ill give it a shot.

why is there online store even so cheap??

No man, you print out the sheets take them in store. Even with shipping its still cheaper than petco in store.

This may have come a bit late, but rams are actually quite peaceful. In my first years of fishkeeping I had a 15 gallon, with two 3 inch bronze cory cats, 6 neons, and 2 german rams. What I did was add the neons, then the corys, and then small 1/2 inch rams. When you put them in there as babies, plant the tank well(live or plastic), and put some type of small piece of driftwood in there. The corys will tend to stay near the driftwood. The rams won't usually bother the other fish, if anything they may quarrel amongst each other. I kept this tank for about two years, until my tastes change and the only casualty was one of the neons within the first week.

Most reactions

Back