Community Fish

fatheadminnow

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
Could someone please put together a list of ALL community fish!

Maybe one list of ALL community fish readily available and another list with what community fish could live together in the same tank!

Something that I could print off and have handy at all times!

Thanks!

-FHM

Hi fatheadminnow :)

Just to start out, I don't think there are any corydoras, aspidoras or brochis species that wouldn't do well in a tank with other peaceful fish of similar size. There are something like 300 or more species of corydoras though, so making a list of them alone would take a great deal of time. :D

well TECHNIQUALLY all fish arw community fish?

are you asking for oogy googy community fish like guppies?
hum mun ni hum hum community fish like barbs and gouramis?
peaceful chiclids like chocolates,angels and discus?
aggresive chiclids like jewels?
large man eaters?
peaceful giants like pacu and balashark?

be specific!

well TECHNIQUALLY all fish arw community fish?

are you asking for oogy googy community fish like guppies?
hum mun ni hum hum community fish like barbs and gouramis?
peaceful chiclids like chocolates,angels and discus?
aggresive chiclids like jewels?
large man eaters?
peaceful giants like pacu and balashark?

be specific!
Yeah, the common ones like the ones you can get at Walmart and such. :lol:

I guess I asked a tough question, right WD? :lol: I had to say that!

-FHM

ill take a guess at what WD means and i think its Double D. lol from ed, edd and eddy right?

guppys
cories
otos
danios
mollies
most tetras
loaches
most barbs

just the basics :)

i hate the basics, i like over the top :lol:

I don't think this is that simple, a community is a collection of fish that co habit well.

My community exists of Blue rams and ember tetras, if I were to change the ember tetras to neon tetras it wouldn't work, because the rams require higher temperatures than the neons can handle. And also, there maybe a fish that has worked in a community for one person, but not another.

ill take a guess at what WD means and i think its Double D. lol from ed, edd and eddy right?

guppys
cories
otos
danios
mollies
most tetras
loaches
most barbs

just the basics :)

i hate the basics, i like over the top :lol:

Thanks for this!

Yeah, just the basics, thanks!

-FHM

@fatheadminnow

Well.. I had the same question, and basicaly had to do a lot of re-search, reading and seems to have a semi chilling commmunity tank.

This is what I have atm.

Gourami Pearl (2 x M)

Moonlight gourami (2 x F) (F I think, cos they dont have colour)

Molly Black (1 x M & 1 x F)

Molly White (1 x F)

Molly Sailfin (Golden) (1 x M)

Plecostomus ( ? x 2)

Guppies (2 x M & 6 x F)

SO they are doing well so far. But sometimes the Moonlight Gourami seem to give the white molly a chase.. and even each other.

The Pearl Gouramis are mainly chilling.. but they too will "respond" with a nudge to the Moonlights (mainly at feeding times). But all in all.. the whole lot is chilling.

Going to leave them for another two weeks.. and going to check out another 4 fishes. Was thinking either Platys, a school of about 6 Zebra Danio's or perhaps another variety of Gourami.

Cheers!

Thanks for the response, Capecruiser!

-FHM

Hey no worries..

Is that your Integra? A few years back I was very very much into cars also (well still am but had to "grow" out of it LOL)

I had a Toyota Celica GT-Four 1990, and a Honda CRX Vtec (De Sol) Something like this.. but it was white (see below)
Gosh.. how far have I gone.. from posting about lates V-tec controllers, Fujitsubo stainless steel.. to Fishtank.. LOL

tuning_1b_big.jpg

Yes, that is my Integra! I love that car to death!

Here are a couple videos of it on Youtube. The first is a dyno video and the second is me and my friend just having some fun.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6r-_WhDg05Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXP8mdy6nqk&feature=related

I am rebuilding the engine now, all forged internals, balanced rotating assembly so I will be able to rev to 9,000 rpm!

Then I am doing a GT35r turbo setup on E85 with about 23 pounds hoping for around 550-600 whp!

DC2lights.jpg

DC2noplatedate.jpg

DSC00116.jpg

What do you drive now?

Ah man! Very nice.. Its like music to the ears! The dyno tune was very cool.

I had a touch time keeping the GT-Four on the rollers when it was dyno tuned cos of the 4x4 hehe.

Ah.. what I drive now is a family beast.. :) VW Sharan 2.8L VR6. Very smooth cruising MPV.. with a bit of get up and go.

Needed the space for four kids. :)

Was trying to convince the wife to get a X5.. but still wasnt enough space.. and I just couldnt find a desent Odysey :-(

But tell you what, handling is brilliant. As this is my first german car.. it sits tight on the road and bends.. almost non existant body roll on cornering.. a real treat to drive. I love to put my foot down when coming out of corners.. the v6 purrrs.. LOL

Need to get some zzzz's getting late here.

Good luck with the re-build! and keep in touch.

:lol:

Yeah, the odyssey would've been cool! That is what I am planning on getting when I have kids!

You should of looked into the Acura TL Type-S, that is if they have that car where you live! I also want to get this car as well for a family car!

-FHM

Most reactions

Back