Combining Tanks

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

attack

Reaction score
Today I attempted to combine two tanks by removing the two end peices. Didnt go so well. The silicone holding the top rim on was sooo strong after spending about an hour trying to get it loose enough the large side (not end) cracked from side to side. LOL... I'm not sure what I'll do but has anyone ever tryed to combine 2 tanks???

Thx Zac

no but i,ve seen it done in my lfs that fastend two 7footers together with some strips of glass, then they covered it with a wooden frame to cover the joint, crating two large port holes.

Ha Ha, Finally got the top rim off... Not such good results...

Now to start on the bottom rim. This rim has sooo much silicone its not even funny. Now I need to find some new glass :crazy:

Zac

I got the bottom rim off!!!!! W/o any more broken glass I might add! Now I have to decide weather I want to attempt the newer cleaner very nice tank LOL....

tank76vy.jpg

Srry for dbl post...

Thats the bad thing with glass...it breaks SO easy lol. Plexi will break but it's pretty harrrrrrrrrd to do lol. Although once you weld it together..it's pretty much there unless you cut it apart.

Personally..unless you dont' want the 2 tanks...I'd buy a piece of glass and put it back on that one...and while you are at the store buy glass in the sizes you want (or better yet acrylic..plexiglass) and make whatever size tank you want.

....go here for directions on how to build a glass or acrylic tank.... HOW TO BUILD A TANK

Well they have scratch removal kits for acrylic. I have acrylic tanks and sometimes they do get scratched..those kits clean them up very nicely. And the kit only cost like $12 and will remove tons of scratches before you need a new kit (it's a liquid/cream type application ).

http://www.spadepot.com/products/005novus.htm

Most reactions

Back