Colorless Parrot(Spots On Body)

puneetvijh

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
I'm uploading here pic of my Parrot which has very light color & spots of sort(not white or fungus) but is not that bright red with color.What is the reason for the same & what to do to improve its color?

Attachments

• Parrot.JPG
    Parrot.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 71
Is this fish in the same tank as the carp and the goldfish?

How big is your tank, what fish are in it and how long has it been set up? Is it filtered?

No it is in different tank with filter & it has parrots.Other parrots are red in color but it is only pale looking or faded.

well parrot fish are tube fish that shouldn't have been bred, it could be the result of the parents and how the colours came out.

now, it could also be something else. have you cycled the tank, if so for how long, how long have you had the tank. what are the stats of the tank etc etc etc.

look at the fins, are the split? 
how are the scales? poking out etc?
how is the poop and eating behaviour of the fish? is it healthy brown, or stingy and white?

Tank is old & cycled.I can't measure the stats of the tank as I can get kit here in my place in India.Fins are Ok.Also please let me know the reason for split fins.They do not have.Scales are fine.Poop is red/brownish for most not checked for that particular fish.All fish jump at the food & end food within a minute or so may be quantity is less or I do not know how much to feed.Theier growth is fine otherwise.I feed them pellets & dried worms.

The two main reasons for split fins are;

1. bullying from other fish

2. poor water quality

How big is the tank and how many fish are in it?

fluttermoth said:
The two main reasons for split fins are;

1. bullying from other fish

2. poor water quality

I was just asking those.
Waht to do for color of the Parrot Fish & thier Growth?

Best thing is lots of water changes; at least half the water in the tank, twice a week.

I've just read (in your plants thread); you have 'sharks' in this tank as well? What sort of 'shark'? How many?

silver sharks are there.Small in size( about 3 inches)

Problem is whenever I do water change some disease come in my tank.

Most reactions

Back