Color

Robert

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Well, i got another Firemouth today!!!! B) :D 8) :nod: :hyper: :cool: :smb: :kana:. But I have a question, my 2 inch Firemouth has a very light brown color and is only red underneath the the gillplate. But the 5 inch I got today is a very deep blue and is red all over the throat and belly, can someone tell me why?????????????? And, my 2 incher is still not looking as if he's eating the pellets. :dunno:

As they grow they'll get more red on them and change colors somewhat. Nothing to worry about.

And, my 2 incher is still not looking as if he's eating the pellets.

How long have you had him? Have you tried feeding him anything other than the pellets? What was he eating in the lfs? At 2" I would try feeding some flake foods,blood worms and brine shrimp.

That's ok. Every fish I've ever had has done that when I put them in the tank.

He might just be stressed and need to get acclimated. If you got them today I wouldn't even try to feed them.

Also, if he was real dark in the lfs, that could be because of bad water quality. Your fish might just be returning to his normal colors even. In other words, it's too early to tell anything and you have nothing to worry about yet.

Most reactions

Back