Color enhancement of livebearers?

Sgooosh

Fish Maniac
Tank of the Month 🏆
2x Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
Hello!
I'm wondering if certain actions like changing the water more frequently or feeding certain foods will make my guppies and xiphophoruses get more color?
Another question is that will guppies be born as a gender or will they change depending on conditions?

Hello!
I'm wondering if certain actions like changing the water more frequently or feeding certain foods will make my guppies and xiphophoruses get more color?
Another question is that will guppies be born as a gender or will they change depending on conditions?
I think your guppy is maxed out on color man 😂😂

No but I know that spirulina in food enhances the blues and greens in the colors for fish while marigold in their food enhances the yellow and orange spectrum

Hello!
Idk about the top one but I asked emeraldking he said higher temps get more males and colder temps gets more females i turned the temp up I need to wait like 3 weeks before I can tell before I can confirm or not if it works.

Idk about the top one but I asked emeraldking he said higher temps get more males and colder temps gets more females i turned the temp up I need to wait like 3 weeks before I can tell before I can confirm or not if it works.
It's not a 100% guarantee but it mostly works to increase the sex ratio of one of the genders. But lowering or increasing the temperature should be done during the whole pregnancy. So, not when they are almost born or after they're born.

Hello!
Food does a lot to increase the intensity of the colors and UV-light. That's why fish that are kept outdoors are way better colored than those kept indoors. For the UV in daylight is the highest concentration of UV in comparison to UV lighting in tanks.
And yes, guppies are born a gender. But in the beginning of the embryo development, they are female as most animals.

Food does a lot to increase the intensity of the colors and UV-light. That's why fish that are kept outdoors are way better colored than those kept indoors. For the UV in daylight is the highest concentration of UV in comparison to UV lighting in tanks.
And yes, guppies are born a gender. But in the beginning of the embryo development, they are female as most animals.
Fr that guppy is max color 😂 its a beautiful fish though
I think your guppy is maxed out on color man 😂😂

No but I know that spirulina in food enhances the blues and greens in the colors for fish while marigold in their food enhances the yellow and orange spectrum
LOL!
what types of food will enhance guppies? foods with pigments?
will adding blue+red light to my lighting schedule turn into UV light or no

Most reactions

Back